The IRA Charitable Rollover provision allows individuals 70½ and older to donate up to $100,000 to charitable organizations directly from their IRA without treating the distribution as taxable income. If you wish to give but will not reach the new standard deduction threshold, this is an ideal way to continue supporting charities that you love. Please consult your professional tax advisor for more information. *This is for informational purposes and is not intended as legal or tax advice.
To make a gift from your IRA
To make a gift of shares
Many people choose to contribute to the Stamford Symphony by transferring securities rather than making a direct contribution of cash.
Here is the simplest way to transfer stock to the Symphony:
If a bank or broker holds the securities for you – Wire Transfer
1. You may have your bank or broker wire transfer the securities directly into an account the Symphony already holds at Oppenheimer:
Attention: Brian McDermott
Oppenheimer & Co Inc.
750 Washington Boulevard
Stamford, CT 06901
2. Your broker may require a letter of authorization; please check with them before making your gift.
3. Stamford Symphony Account Information:
DTC # 0571, Account # G42-0022811
4. Please indicate your name and purpose of the gift with the wire transfer.
5. Please confirm your transfer with Russell Jones, President and CEO at Stamford Symphony at email: email@example.com
If you wish to receive further information should you hold the stock certificates yourself, if a bank or broker holds the securities for you, or if you wish to re-register the securities, please call Russell Jones at 203.325.1407 x15.
Donating securities has several tax benefits – please consult with your tax professional for specific tax advice.
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable contributions made by employees. Your gift to the Stamford Symphony could be eligible for being doubled or even tripled! If your company will match, request a matching gift from your employer, and send it completed and signed with your gift. We will do the rest. Some companies match gifts made by retirees and/or spouses.
Please consider making a gift to our End of Year Appeal.